- Coffee: 50g
- Grind: coarse
- Water: 800g at 203º F
- Time: 9+ minutes
- Grind 50 grams of coarse-ground coffee beans.
- Place the French Press on a scale and add the coffee.
- Tare the scale to 0.
- Pour water in a circular motion over the ground, ensuring that all of the grounds are submerged.
- Wait 45 seconds for the coffee to bloom.
- Break the crust of the bloom and stir the grounds.
- Pour the remainder of the water over the grounds.
- Place the lid on the carafe and push the plunger until it touches the coffee grounds.
- Wait 4 to 6 minutes.
- Press the coffee all the way down.
- Pour gently into your (pre-heated) cup.
Guide to the perfect grind
Espresso, Moka Pot (Stovetop Espresso Maker), Aeropress (with 1-minute brew time)
Cone-shaped Pour-over Brewers, Aeropress (with 2-3 minute brew time)
Cone-shaped Pour-over Brewers, Flat-bottomed Drip Coffee Machines, Siphon Coffee, Aeropress (with 3+ minute brew time)
Chemex, Clever Dripper, Cafe Solo Brewer
French Press, Percolator, Coffee Cupping
Cold brew coffee, Cowboy coffee