- Coffee: 40g
- Grind: medium coarse
- Water: 600g at 203º F
- Time: 5 minutes
- Place filter in brewer.
- Rinse filter with hot water.
- Measure and grind coffee.
- Dump rinse water and pour grounds into the filter.
- Shake grounds to level them.
- Pour 100 grams of water in a circular pattern over the grounds, wetting all the grounds (first pour).
- Let coffee grounds bloom for 45 seconds.
- Stir the grounds.
- After 1 minute, pour 175 grams of water (second pour).
- After 2 minutes, pour 175 more grams of water (third pour).
- After 3 minutes, pour the final 150 grams of water (fourth pour).
- Let sit for 1-minute draw down.
Guide to the perfect grind
Espresso, Moka Pot (Stovetop Espresso Maker), Aeropress (with 1-minute brew time)
Cone-shaped Pour-over Brewers, Aeropress (with 2-3 minute brew time)
Cone-shaped Pour-over Brewers, Flat-bottomed Drip Coffee Machines, Siphon Coffee, Aeropress (with 3+ minute brew time)
Chemex, Clever Dripper, Cafe Solo Brewer
French Press, Percolator, Coffee Cupping
Cold brew coffee, Cowboy coffee